More Than Just an Attorney
James M. Cote attended St. John's Preparatory School and received his Bachelors Degree, Magna
Cum Laude, from Boston College in 1987 and his Juris Doctor Degree, Cum Laude, from Boston
College Law School in 1990. Following graduation from law school, Mr. Cote became associated
with the law firm of Russell, Plummer & Rutherford in Boston practicing in the areas of real estate,
taxation, estate planning and probate administration. In 1992, Mr. Cote joined the law firm of
Plunkett & Plunkett in Salem where he practiced in the areas of residential and commercial real
estate law, litigation and estate planning and probate administration. In 1994, Mr. Cote, along with
Daniel J. Casey, formed Cote & Casey, a general practice law firm, where he practices in residential
and commercial real estate conveyancing, land use, business law, and estate planning and probate
administration. In 2011, Mr. Cote formed Cote Law Offices in Peabody where he continues a
general practice. Mr. Cote is admitted to practice before all Massachusetts courts, the United States
District Court and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. Mr. Cote
resides with his wife and two daughters in Danvers, Massachusetts.
My law firm offers many advantages to clients, including:
- Experience. I have represented clients in Northern Massachusetts and the North Shore for more than 20 years
- Competence. I have represented hundreds of clients and completed more than 1,000 cases. I thoroughly prepare every case as if I am taking it to trial.
- Responsiveness. I listen to my clients because I need to understand their circumstances and goals before I can develop the right legal strategy. I also return phone calls and e-mails promptly.
- Flexibility. My practice isn't a monolith. I routinely represent clients in a diversity of cases, ranging from real estate to divorce, from business law to litigation and appeals.
- Economy. My rates are reasonable because I want your repeat business.
- Loyalty. Some lawyers want to see a client once in a lifetime. My goal is to be an attorney you will revisit throughout your lifetime.
- Convenience. My office is handicapped-accessible and located conveniently on Route 114 in Peabody, Massachusetts.