Get to Know Cote Law Offices
At a time when many law firms boast of doing one thing well, some lawyers have taken a broader approach. Cote Law Offices in Danvers, Massachusetts, focuses on the diverse legal needs of clients in Northern Massachusetts communities and the North Shore.
I am James M. Cote, an attorney with more than 25 years of local experience. I represent individuals, parents, business people, developers, divorcing spouses, and others through legal services that are relevant to their needs. For more information, read my profile:
More Than Just an Attorney
I attended St. John’s Preparatory School and received my Bachelor’s Degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Boston College in 1987 and his Juris Doctor Degree, Cum Laude, from Boston College Law School in 1990. Following graduation from law school, I became associated with the law firm of Russell, Plummer & Rutherford in Boston practicing in the areas of real estate, taxation, estate planning and probate administration.
In 1992, Mr. Cote joined the law firm of Plunkett & Plunkett in Salem where I practiced in the areas of residential and commercial real estate law, litigation and estate planning and probate administration. In 1994, I formed Cote & Casey with Daniel J. Casey, a general practice law firm, where I practiced in residential and commercial real estate conveyancing, land use, business law, and estate planning and probate administration.
My Own Practice
In 2011, I formed Cote Law Offices in Danvers, where I maintain a general practice. I’m admitted to practice before all Massachusetts courts, the United StatesDistrict Court and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. I live with my wife and two daughters in Danvers, Massachusetts.
My law firm offers many advantages to clients, including:
- Experience. I have represented clients in Northern Massachusetts and the North Shore for more than 20 years
- Competence. I have represented hundreds of clients and completed more than 1,000 cases. I thoroughly prepare every case as if I am taking it to trial.
- Responsiveness. I listen to my clients because I need to understand their circumstances and goals before I can develop the right legal strategy. I also return phone calls and e-mails promptly.
- Flexibility. My practice isn’t a monolith. I routinely represent clients in a diversity of cases, ranging from real estate to divorce, from business law to litigation and appeals.
- Economy. My rates are reasonable because I want your repeat business.
- Loyalty. Some lawyers want to see a client once in a lifetime. My goal is to be an attorney you will revisit throughout your lifetime.
- Convenience. My office is handicapped-accessible and located conveniently on Route 114 in Danvers, Massachusetts.